Wednesday, February 10

the sweetest boy

I haven't been feeling quite "up to par" lately so sometimes I lay down for a bit while Alec watches Word World and Super Why. Yesterday when I woke up, this is what I found on my bedside table:

My 5-year-old son made me "lunch"

Notice the color coordinating cup of apple juice, you know--in case i was thirsty, too...
Then I decided to take a peek at the inner contents, having NO idea what could be inside. Knowing this boy, it could be army men and playdough...

But here is what it was:
How cute is this?

--He knows that he's not allowed to use knives, so he got out the cheese grater and used the middle portion that slices cheese.
--Then he pulled some chicken {not too much} off the chicken breasts I had just boiled for dinner that were cooling on the counter.
-- And then, he got in the fridge and found some cilantro and put a little sprig on there. {he knows how i love "salad" on my sandwiches, and hey, lettuce...cilantro, same difference, right?}

I was so touched by the sweet thought he had to make me a sandwich, the effort he put into it, and more so, that the thought even crossed his mind! Am I not the one who is supposed to be taking care of him? I just stood there staring at it with a big smile on my face. {and grateful he didn't attempt any mayo...}
I know I may, um, {cough}, comment from time to time about his crazy antics and how he makes my life so much more interesting, but this is the sweet boy I know and love, the boy that has one of the biggest hearts, and gives the best hugs, and makes cheese/chicken/cilantro sandwiches with the heel of the bread. I don't think I could love him much more...I'd explode.
He saw me bring my sandwich out of the bedroom and ran up to me and gave me a huge hug and said "mom, do you like the sandwich i made for you?"
...and i wasn't lying one bit when i said:
"sweetie, i LOVE it"

3 comments:

  1. Sooooo cute. What would we do without our crazy babies?

    Hope you're feeling better soon!

    And thanks for being the one person in the ward that seems to have a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the sweetest thing, makes my heart melt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm surprised with the hormones you weren't crying your eyes out! How sweet! I miss those sweet days with my little ones.

    ReplyDelete

Show some love...